The CM-MIDI2 integrates both the powerful RTP-Midi implementation of our MIDI2TR professional transceiver, and the USB-Midi communication standard encountered on many musical products. The CM-MIDI2 is ideal for musical applications where high speed communication between USB and Ethernet RTP-Midi is needed.
The CM-MIDI2 acts as a gateway between the three available Midi interfaces, any Midi stream fed into one interface can be re- distributed to any of the two other interfaces. For example, Midi received on Midi IN DIN connector can be sent both to Ethernet RTP-Midi and USB.
The Ethernet RTP-Midi interface of the CM-MIDI2 can be used directly with Apple Macintosh and Windows computers. It manifests itself as a standard Midi interface, available for Midi software like Sequencers, Digital Audio Workstations, SYSEX Editor/librarians, etc…
The USB interface of the CM-MIDI2 is fully « class-compliant » and it is recognised as a standard Midi interface by Mac OS, Windows and even by iOS products ( iPhone, iPad, iPod ). Compared to other USB-Midi interfaces, the CM-MIDI2 fully unleashes the communication bandwidth between devices, since RTP-Midi offers 300x more bandwidth than Midi 1.0 interfaces.
And of course, the CM-MIDI2 can be controlled directly by any other Ethernet RTP-Midi device, like a master keyboard or DAW controller, without the need of involving a computer in the network path.
CM-MIDI2 Compact RTP-MIDI Transceiver with USB
- Ultra-compact ruggedised design (aluminium alloy), ideal for live/stage applications
- Fully compliant with the RTP-Midi open protocol
- USB-Midi class compliant
- Full speed USB interface
- Both USB and RTP-Midi interfaces are recognised as standard Midi interfaces by Windows, Mac OS and iOS
- Plug&Play using Apple’s Bonjour protocol
- “Session initiator” functionality, for direct peer to peer application with iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) over WiFi
- Supports both peer-to-peer and computer controlled communication
- Inter-operable with any other RTP-Midi product
- Powered by USB charger
Dimensions (WxHxD) : 86mm x 34,20 mm x 106mm / 3,38’’ x 1,34’’ x 4,17’’
Weight : 0.248 Kg / 0.546 Lbs
Power Supply : USB – 5W / DC 5V-1A / AC 110 ~ 230 V
Power Consumption : 3W (Max.)
Heat Dissipation : 7 BTU
Operating Temperature : 0°C ~ +55°C / +32°F ~ +131°F / 10% ~ 90% / non-condensing